LG’s GoPro Rival Can Live-Stream Straight to YouTube
GoPro may be the undisputed champion when it comes to so-called action cameras (hell, one just hitched a ride to outer space), but LG is looking to go it a run for its money with its brand new offering. Dubbed the Action CAM LTE, the design offers up a few features that even GoPros don’t employ. First off, the camera features on-board 4G — hence the name — so users can live-stream video straight to the internet and platforms like YouTube. And, secondly, built-in GPS and motion sensors mean that footage can easily be geo-tagged. As for the camera itself, a 12MP sensor can record 4K video at 30 frames per second, 1080p at 60 fps and 720p at 120 fps.
Though release details regarding price and data charges are still under wraps, the Action CAM LTE is slated to hit Korea next month before making its way to the United States and European markets later in the year.
– Camera: 1/2.3-inch 12.3MP / 1.55 x 1.55㎛pixels
– Connectivity: LTE / 3G / Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g, n / USB Type-C 2.0 / Bluetooth 4.1
– Video Recording: UHD 30fps / FHD 60fps / HD 120fps
– Video Live Streaming: HD 30fps
– Memory: 2GB RAM / 4GB ROM (OS only) / microSD (up to 2TB)
– Size: 35 x 35 x 77.9mm
– Weight: 95g
– Battery: 1,400mAh
– Others: IP67 / GPS / Accelerometer / Gyroscope
– Color: Light Gray